The main goal of these training programs is to provide our clientele, whether a member of the AIT community or from external organizations, with easy and affordable solutions to improve the participants’ English language and communication skills in a short period of time. Although these programs will target different facets of the English language and communication paradigm, it will focus only on specific skills set that are required by the clientele.
There are currently three training programs that are offered by the Language Center, as follows:
1) Basic English
This program is designed for those participants with little or basic acquired English language skills [CEFR level A1]. The program’s main goal is to provide the participants with a functional level of communication skills in English. It will target the following language skills:
1) Understand basic words or phrases about yourself, your family, and immediate surroundings.
2) Ask and answer simple questions on familiar topics.
3) Engage in simple conversations about familiar topics.
1) Understand names, words and very simple sentences.
2) Write short sentences or fill in forms with personal details.
2) Business English
This program is designed for those participants with an intermediate level of acquired English language skills [CEFR level B1]. The program’s ultimate goal is to prepare the participants for the workplace or improve what is lacking for those who are currently employed. It will target the following skills:
1) Comprehend different accents and intonation.
2) Demonstrate certain oral skills needed in conducting meetings, telephone conversations or presentations.
1) Apply various reading strategies involving office documents like reports.
2) Write reports or other office documents using appropriate style and register.
3) Customized Program
The content and objectives of this program will depend on what the clientele needs. The Language Center will meet with the individual client in order to conduct a training needs analysis of the participants. This is a good opportunity to target a combination of specific language and communication skills for the participants.