Start Working on Your English Now.
- MIT Very useful tutorials and activities for writing, includes a variety of skills.
- Elements of Style by Strunk and White. This is an old but very well respected writing style guide that gives useful information about how to and how not to word your writing.
- Purdue Online Writing Lab This is one of the oldest OWLS, and continues to be one of the best.
- APA Documentation
- AIT’s Style Guide for masters theses
- Strunk and White
- The King’s English by H. W. Fowler
- How to Write a PhD Thesis
- Writing the literature review Good description of how to write a literature review
- Publish not Perish A useful tutorial on publication from the University of Colorado
- Vocational Information Center
- Exams and Study – British Council
- Academic Report Writing
- Using English for Academic Purpose A Guide for Students in Higher Education
- The Utimate Grammar Resource Guide
- The Internet Grammar of English. The Internet Grammar of English is an online course in English grammar written primarily for university languages undergraduates. However, we hope that it will be useful to everyone who is interested in the English language. It does not assume any prior knowledge of grammar.
- Grammar Quizzes A variety of grammar exercises, as well as vocabulary and sentence activities.
- http://www.grammarbook.com This web site offers clear advice on grammar and punctuation. The exercises are not very interactive. It’s more suitable for advanced learners and native speakers.
- BBC Grammar Challenge Explanations, podcasts, and exercises for many grammar topics.
- English Page Grammar and vocabulary exercises.
- University of Ottawa Comprehensive grammar information.
- English 4 U
- English Club
- Academic English Vocabulary Exercises These exercises are mostly based on Nation’s Academic Word List.
- Academic English Vocabulary Exercises These exercises are based on Coxhead’s Academic Word List.
- A Word A Day
These websites have exercises to help you test your listening comprehension.
These websites have lots of interesting news stories to listen to for general listening practice.
These websites have speaking exercises with pronunciation tips.
Online search engines and useful relevant site
The AIT Library (Login: library)
- Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary
- Science Dictionary
- Free On-Line Dictionary Of Computing