Students with English scores of 5.0 and 5.5 are required to attend mandatory English writing courses.
- Score 5.0 EL15 course [English Composition]
- Score 5.5 EL19 course [Academic and Technical Writing]
Students must pass the EL19 course to fulfill the English language requirements for graduation.
Students can also drop the EL classes completely and submit the academic IELTS writing score of 6.0 or higher to the Language Center. In this latter case, such students will not be required to take EL classes. A memo signed by an advisor, stating this request, is also needed.
EL15 course is designed to help improve sentence structures and academic text structures. Students will learn to analyze paragraphs, skim articles for main ideas and scan them for specific information in order to build well-written paragraphs. Students will learn how to examine cause-effect relationships in order to develop ideas for cause-effect academic papers.
EL19 course is designed to help further improve academic writing from feedback. Students will learn to analyze their own writing and to identify and correct errors. Students will work to improve the quality of their arguments so that they can produce well-organized academic texts that are clear from start to finish. Students will also learn how to write a problem-solution essay by using strategies on how to study a topic from different angles.
- Students must attend at least 80% of the total 30 contact hours.
- Students will take the EL exam during the last session of the course. The score from this exam will be the basis of a ‘PASS’ (P) or ‘INCOMPLETE’ (I) grade.
2024 January semester
The registration starts on 8 – 17 January 2024.
The English classes will start from 22 January – 28 March 2023.
- EL students are not allowed to change their EL class times after the first 2 weeks of classes.
- Students must register in and attend one time slot in Session A [Monday or Tuesday] and another time slot in Session B [Wednesday or Thursday] for a total of 3 hours per week. The maximum class size is 20 students.
EL19 Online Course
- Offered only for students who are not in Thailand (AITCV students are not included.) or those who will not attend any in-person courses at the AIT main campus during the semester.
- Needs to be able to attend both online sessions A & B (Tuesday & Thursday) at 16:00-17:30.
- Submit a signed memo from their advisor (i.e., mentioning one of the reasons above) to complete the online registration process.
EL Course Fee: THB 3,000 [one-time flat fee for new students]
How to pay for your EL course fee?
- The EL course invoice will be uploaded to your SIS account 2 weeks after the deadline of EL registration.
- You can pay the fee at the AIT Cashier by informing them your student ID number
- You can also pay by bank transfer or credit card. And, contact the AIT Cashier after you pay the fee. You need to provide them with your student ID number and proof of payment so they can clear the EL course fee amount on your SIS account.
- The late payment interest may be applied if you do not pay within 30 days.
AIT BANK ACCOUNT DETAILS:
- Account Name: ASIAN INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
- Current Account number: 468-046301-2 [international transfer]
- Saving account number: 405-999567-0 [local transfer]
- Bank Name: Siam Commercial Bank Pcl., Ltd.
- Bank Branch: Thammasat University Hospital
- Branch Address: 95 Moo 8, Klong Nueng, Klong Luang, Pathumthani 12120 Thailand
- Swift Code: SICOTHBK
- Message to Beneficiary: EL Course Fee
- You must pay for any service charge or transaction fee separately.