You are responsible to read and understand the online English test instructions and follow them strictly. If you cannot follow our test instructions on the test day, you won't be able to test, and you won't receive a refund or a free reschedule.
Before the test day
√ Find a laptop (built-in camera) or desktop computer (webcam installed) for typing your essay on. Your laptop or desktop computer’s operating system should be up to date. Only one monitor or screen; multiple monitors or dual screens are not allowed.
- PC: Windows® operating system, versions 10 or 8.
- MAC: Mac OS X® 10.5 or higher (10.13 High Sierra is recommended).
- You cannot use a tablet, iPad or mobile device for the purpose of typing your essay.
√ Download and install
1) Full-Screen Software [If you have already installed the old version on your computer, you need to uninstall it and install with the updated one below. This is to make sure that you can open the exam link on the test day.
2) Zoom application [CLICK] onto your computer (for typing your essay on) and mobile phone (for showing your workspace). You are expected to know how to use this application before the test day.
- The Zoom Meeting ID will be provided in the confirmation email after you register for the exam.
√ Check the exam link
- After installing the full-screen software on your computer, you can click here to test a trial exam link. The real exam link will be provided in ZOOM chat by the proctor on the test day.
- If you need any assistance, please email us at least 4 days before your scheduled test date.
- If you cannot open the exam link on the test day, you won’t be able to test, and you won’t receive a refund or a free reschedule.
√ Email a picture from your camera’s setup to the Language Center at least 2 days before your scheduled test day.
Use a phone stand to arrange for your camera setup from your phone, iPad, or tablet must be placed on your side [NOT behind yourself], higher than your tabletop and it must be the same way as shown in the picture below.
- On the test day, the Language Center should be able to see your tabletop, computer’s screen, keyboard and your face clearly.
On the exam date
√ Make sure your testing area meets all environment requirements.
- Good internet connection.
- You must sit on a standard chair. You cannot sit or lie on a bed or couch.
- The room is quiet with no one else near your workspace.
- The table and surrounding area are clear.
- No draft paper.
- No food and drink.
- Personal recording devices of any kind are strictly prohibited.
√ Read and respond to the ZOOM chat.
√ The proctor will ask you to show a 360-degree view of the room, including your tabletop surface, wall, floor and any other places in the room.
√ The proctor will provide you with an exam link after your camera setup has been approved.
- You have 60 minutes to complete one academic essay writing.
- You cannot leave the test area during the test so prepare yourself and be ready for the test!
- When you are finished with the test, you can click the “submit” button and leave ZOOM.
After the exam date
√ Your answers will be checked for originality. There are serious consequences at AIT for those who plagiarize or copy.
√ The test result will be e-mailed within 5-7 working days after your test date.
√ If you have been admitted to AIT, you must take the Academic Writing Placement Test [paper-based test upon arrival at AIT] under our testing conditions to validate your online EET scores.