Start Working on Your English Now.
- Unilearning Explanations for academic writing, from punctuation to technical report writing.
- RMITVery useful tutorials and activities for writing, includes a variety of skills.
- Elements of Styleby Strunk and White. This is an old but very well respected writing style guide that gives useful information about how to and how not to word your writing.
- Purdue Online Writing LabThis is one of the oldest OWLS, and continues to be one of the best.
- MLA documentation
- APA Documentation
- AIT’s Style Guide for masters theses
- Strunk and White
- The King’s English by H. W. Fowler
- How to Write a PhD Thesis
- Writing the literature reviewGood description of how to write a literature review
- English Communication for ScientistsThe journal Nature provides this great resource on communication, including units on writing.
- Publish not PerishA useful tutorial on publication from the University of Colorado
- Resources for Writers and Writing Instructors
- Vocational Information Center
- Exams and Study – British Council
- Academic Report Writing
- Using English for Academic Purpose A Guide for Students in Higher Education
- The Utimate Grammar Resource Guide
- The Internet Grammar of English. The Internet Grammar of English is an online course in English grammar written primarily for university languages undergraduates. However, we hope that it will be useful to everyone who is interested in the English language. It does not assume any prior knowledge of grammar.
- Jack Lynch’s Guide to Grammar and StyleThe author doesn’t make a clear distinction between the two, so it’s not really clear whether the guide belongs on this page or on theWritingpage. Whatever – it contains much useful advice.
- Grammar QuizzesA variety of grammar exercises, as well as vocabulary and sentence activities.
- http://esl.about.com/blgrammar.htmThis web site offers clear, American English grammar explanation and practice exercises. Students can choose their own problem areas. There are also various grammar quizzes.
- http://www.grammarbook.comThis web site offers clear advice on grammar and punctuation. The exercises are not very interactive. It’s more suitable for advanced learners and native speakers.
- BBC Grammar ChallengeExplanations, podcasts, and exercises for many grammar topics.
- English PageGrammar and vocabulary exercises.
- Monash UniversityGreat tutorials about passive voice, verb tenses, and articles.
- University of OttawaComprehensive grammar information.
- English 4 U
- English Club
- Academic English Vocabulary ExercisesThese exercises are mostly based on Nation’s Academic Word List.
- Academic English Vocabulary ExercisesThese exercises are based on Coxhead’s Academic Word List.
- A Word A Day
These websites have exercises to help you test your listening comprehension.
- Randall’s ESL Cyber Listening Lab
- CBC ESL
- ESOL Courses
- English Online France
- English Listening Lounge
- BBC Academic Listening
These websites have lots of interesting news stories to listen to for general listening practice.
These websites have speaking exercises with pronunciation tips.
Online search engines and useful relevant site
The AIT Library(Login: library)
- Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary
- Science Dictionary
- Free On-Line Dictionary Of Computing